Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> on 2013/09/28 00:16:58 UTC

CCLA & Blank Schedule A

Is a CCLA valid if the Schedule A list of authorized employees is blank?  It
doesn't seem to me that filling in Schedule A is required since Schedule A is
not actually mentioned in any of the grants, though filling in the Schedule
would clearly make the CCLA stronger for the contributions from the listed
employees.

Re: CCLA & Blank Schedule A

Posted by Henri Yandell <he...@yandell.org>.
I suspect that a CCLA with a blank Schedule A (and no Schedule B) is in
effect an ICLA that happens to be being signed by an individual who can
sign for their employer. Pretty pointless given the CCLA exists for
employer's concerned about employees who can't sign an ICLA alone for
company owned contributions.

Hen