Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Denis Kandrov <dk...@unipro.ru> on 2013/08/13 08:23:12 UTC

New UI for Openmeetings 3.x

Hello folks,
please check my design thoughts here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS/Openmeetings+3.X+new+UI

Your feedback is most welcome.

With best regards,
Denis Kandrov.

Re: New UI for Openmeetings 3.x

Posted by Denis Kandrov <dk...@unipro.ru>.
Hi, Rehul

I'm not good at graphic design and I just want to create a functional
design.
I use the Pencil (http://pencil.evolus.vn/) to create these sketches and
I'm going to add the original design files.

Now I think over the possibility of combining different types of rooms
on the same page, that is, we would like to see all the available rooms
on the same page.
If you have any ideas about this I will be glad to hear them.

Or you can re-draw my design from schematic sketches in a more realistic
look.

With best regards,
Denis Kandrov.

Posted by George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au>.
Denis,

I very much appreciate your work in the UI design, it is very good.  I
wish you could fix a certain Operating System that I believe needs a lot
of work since it was turned into a phone app, but that is not your
problem.   : )

I expect that people using OpenMeetings will not need the "Or" and
understand that they can log in with UserID or with Facebook, etc
options.

As you commented in another email, I expect that the Facebook and other
login options could be enabled/disabled by administrator options, and so
for our company, we would not use these features. However the login menu
works well for both scenarios.

Thanks,

George Kirkham

Posted by Denis Kandrov <dk...@unipro.ru>.
Hello Artyom,

Posted by Denis Kandrov <dk...@unipro.ru>.
George,

I also think Login using alternative methods (eg, Facebook, etc.) will
be configured by the administrator.
For this purpose I create two views of Sign In page with and without
alternative ways.

With best regards,
Denis Kandrov.

Re: New UI for Openmeetings 3.x

Posted by Artyom Horuzhenko <ak...@gmail.com>.
Hello Denis,

Posted by rahul <rb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denis Kandrov <dk...@unipro.ru>.
George,
thanks for your comments.

 > *I do like "Coming Conferences".* I would suggest using the plural
"Conferences" instead of "Conference".
I corrected typo.

Also, your remarks about "How to conference" are very useful and I'm
going to redraw it.

With best regards,
Denis Kandrov.

Posted by Daniel Ascher <da...@aplustutoring.com>.
One other addition which I would find useful would be a tab for
files/documents.

Being able to access "My Files" from the dashboard would be helpful. Also,
in terms of additional functionality, it would be helpful to be able to do
batch operations with those files, including uploading or deleting groups
of files, and sharing them with other users.

Thanks!

Dan

--
Daniel Ascher, M.Ed.
President

505 York Road, Suite 6
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Office: 215.886.9188
Direct: 267.242.9640
www.aplustutoring.com

RE: New UI for Openmeetings 3.x

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
External login systems are already configurable in 3.0.0 and have option to
be enabled/disabled

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: New UI for Openmeetings 3.x

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: New UI for Openmeetings 3.x

Posted by Denis Kandrov <dk...@unipro.ru>.
Hi, Sebastian.

Posted by Denis Kandrov <dk...@unipro.ru>.
Hi, Sebastian.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Denis,

Posted by Varga Balázs <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

The best is one. Simple, good.

I don't know, how many OM providers use the OM Portal APP, I use only
backend the OM,  frontend is main portal.
This situation is unoccured the OM registering and other portal funcs.

The multiple login account type (FB,Google, Twitt...etc) is potencial
vulnerability point!

The users: simple (good) and private data corruption asking, good-users
not acceptable one account a many access point.
The providers: more hacking target point to the server, database ... etc.

Balazs Varga

Aw: Re: New UI for Openmeetings 3.x

Posted by BBS Technik <do...@gmx.de>.
Hi Denis,
the dashboard of openmeetings realy needs to be improved and your design has a very clear frindly structur.
But my openmeetings users lament about the complexity of the current dashboard.
A redesign should therefore also give the possibility of a very reduced dashboard. Perhaps with a lot of pulldown menues.

For some more ideas we can look at the free conference system http://demo.bigbluebutton.org/. This tool got a new interface with a very concise yet feature-rich structure. Perhaps we can indeed learn something for openmeetings thereof.

Best regards
Ed

Gesendet: Dienstag, 13. August 2013 um 15:55 Uhr
Von: "Daniel Ascher" <da...@aplustutoring.com>
An: user@openmeetings.apache.org
Cc: dev@openmeetings.apache.org
Betreff: Re: New UI for Openmeetings 3.x
Hi Denis:

In general I think your new design for the dashboard is a big improvement! Really nice ideas about layout. I like the ability to see so much useful information from the home screen, especially upcoming meetings, favorite rooms, and rooms currently in use. Nice work.

Dan

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 2:23 AM, Denis Kandrov <dk...@unipro.ru> wrote:Hello folks,
please check my design thoughts here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS/Openmeetings+3.X+new+UI[https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OPENMEETINGS/Openmeetings+3.X+new+UI]

www.aplustutoring.com[http://www.aplustutoring.com]