Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sreehareesh Kaipravan Meethaleveetil <sm...@sapient.com> on 2014/01/10 09:20:58 UTC

Where does Solr load balancer runs?

Hi,

I'm a little confused about the Solr replication/load balancing. Where exactly the load balancer runs, is it in the Master node (might not I guess) or Slave or somewhere else? Please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,
Sreehareesh KM

Re: Where does Solr load balancer runs?

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
Hi Sreehareesh,
In master-slave there is no LB inside. You need to provide it externally
and configure to rotate slave endpoints.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev

<http://www.griddynamics.com>