Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Iain_10 <ik...@fexcodcc.com> on 2010/06/30 13:06:23 UTC

Passing variabled between Thread Groups

Hi,

I am pretty new to Jmeter but have a basic understanding of how it works.
However
I am having problems trying to get a particular scenario to work.

I have a Thread Group (1) that makes a booking and one of the parameters of
this booking
is a random generated number. I can get Jmeter to generate the random number
and use
it in the thread group.

I have another Thread Group (2) that refunds the original booking. To refund
the booking the same
random number generated in the booking needs to be used i.e. the random
number generated
in Thread Group 1.

I am wondering how can I pass the generated random number from Thread Group
Thread Group 2?

thanks in advance!

Re: Passing variables between Thread Groups

Posted by prasanna bhat <pr...@gmail.com>.
This topic has been discussed many a times in the forum..

refer this url for a quick reference:
http://old.nabble.com/Passing-variables-between-thread-groups-in-a-test-plan-td28848054.html#a28848054

Thanks,
Prasanna