Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/26 21:56:33 UTC

deploying snapshots of the samples to a new location in m2-snapshot-repo

Jarek helped on GERONIMO-2784 by moving the samples from server/trunk
to samples/trunk.  Now I would like to deploy those samples to the
ASF snapshot repo so they can still be downloaded/installed from
Geronimo's plugin catalog.    This notification starts a 3 day lazy
consensus timer for the PMC before I will deploy the snapshots to
their new location in the ASF snapshot repo.    Up until now the
samples have been voted on and deployed concurrently with the
server.    See the JIRA for details.

Best wishes,
Paul

Re: deploying snapshots of the samples to a new location in m2-snapshot-repo

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
Paul,

I can help you do this.

Cheers
Prasad

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
+1 to that.

If we released it, then we could point it to the published binaries.

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Erik B. Craig" <gi...@gmail.com>.
Prasad,

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Then why not make this a real release, with a bin and src zip/tar like
we do for the server?

-Donald

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
+1 to removing all zips from the Wiki and releasing the samples with (or
very quickly) after the server.

-Donald

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
On 10/28/07, Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> wrote:

> Also, maybe a samples project under the server testsuite dir that
> verifies each sample can be installed and functions?

+1 to tests but I would rather put them somewhere with the samples.

Jarek

Re: deploying snapshots of the samples to a new location in m2-snapshot-repo

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Cool, thanks.

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.