Posted to bcel-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Mark Proctor (mproctor)" <mp...@cisco.com> on 2003/04/01 01:25:39 UTC

Re: Generating method Code for setters

I've downloaded org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.bcel; and successfully
used that as the basis of my own setter and getter generators. I'm
having problems understanding the Class loader stuff. There are a lot of
methods there and I don't understand why you can't got to using
Class.forName for the class you've just created, why all the other
stuff?

public Object newInstance()
public Object newInstance(ClassLoader loader)
public Class defineClass()
public Class defineClass(ClassLoader loader)

I would really appreciate it if someone could enlighten me.

Regards

Mark

Re: Generating method Code for setters

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
Search the BCEL mail list archives for previous emails by me. I had some
discussions with the developers concerning ClassLoaders and BCEL back in
the Fall/Early winter. They may help you.

-Mark Diggory