Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Arthur Senator <as...@synapsemail.com> on 2001/12/19 16:41:13 UTC

url-encoding a parameter ?

Is there a way to url-encode a parameter with Jmeter ?

I have a parameter (token) that is url-encoded (not stored on the Http
Session) that is generated dynamically & carried across multiple pages ,
some pages in the application requires its existence.
How can I do that in Jmeter ?
I don't think that using a Modification Manager can help - because the page
that would precede the modification Manager (with the links with 'variable'
values) does not have a way to know what value of that token is unless a
previous application page was modified and did a forward to that page with
that parameter - but this means changing the application - not desirable.

Here is a scenario:

page A - generates a token
forwards to page B with the token parameter in the URL String
how can I pass it to page C ? (meaning 'url-encode' it)

I used a workaround by re-ordering the invocation of the pages and relying
on the fact that page B doesn't need the token.
invoking page B
invoking page A with added link for the HTML parser
invoking page C that has a substituted parameter (using the modification
Manager)
This is far from optimal - it may not work in all cases and also required
adding the html link to page A

thx
Ari

The information in this transmission is privileged and confidential and is
intended only for the recipients listed above. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by E-mail and
delete the original message