Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dmitry <dm...@hotmail.com> on 2007/07/20 23:04:04 UTC

issues maven- hibernate- spring

hey, I'm building a project that uses Spring and Hibernate with Maven. So
far I've been able to get a jar of just my project or a jar of everything
with dependencies (using assembly:assembly). Unfortunately, when I do the
with dependencies build, I'm getting errors from Spring trying to find the
Hibernate mapping files inside the jar. They are in the same location inside
the jar as in the non-dependency jar (and the same as the manually built
jars from the pre-Maven builds). I'm using the standard Maven directory
structure for my project.

Is there something special about the with dependency jars? Is there a
special way I need to specify the classpath? Previously I was able to just
specify the jar as part of the classpath, but that doesn't seem to be
working for the Maven-built jar.

Also, the assembly:assembly build is placing my Spring xml configuration and
properties files inside the jar. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out
how to configure my pom to achieve that, since the documentation is a bit
sparse. Does someone have an example of how to do that?

thnaks,

Dmtiry Tkach

www.ejinz.com search biz