Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Sheng Guo <sh...@in.tum.de> on 2004/02/09 17:22:48 UTC

Problem with Insert records to the database

Hello,

I am doing a web application project with Turbine2.3+Velocity+Torque. As
a database I have PostgreSQL 7.2.  As I tried to insert the data, which
I collected from the web page, there was alway an exception:

org.apache.torque.TorqueException: ERROR: cnt_test_seq.currval is not
yet defined in this session

the cnt_test_seq was already defined in the database, but I don't have
the "currval" anywhere in the database. How can that happen?

I followed the tutorial on the Torque site to write the code, but it
didn't work. I had the following code in my Java file:

//name of the method, which did the insert
public void doSavedata(RunData data, Context context) {

   //collect data from the Velocity template
   String name = data.getParameters().getString("name");
   String beschreibung = data.getParameters().getString("beschreibung");
   String identifikator = data.getParameters().getString("identifikator");
   String gueltigkeit = data.getParameters().getString("gueltigkeit");

   CNTTest ct = new CNTTest();  //The om class, which was generated by
Torque

    //set the attributes of the instance of CNTTest
    Integer id = new Integer(2);
   ct.setId(id);
   ct.setName(name);
   ct.setDescription(beschreibung);
   ct.setAttributeType(identifikator);
   Integer g = new Integer(5);
   ct.setSortOrder(g);

   //save in to the database.
   try {
     ct.save();
     System.out.println("save ok");
     context.put("status", "sucess");
     System.out.println("context--sucess");
   }
   catch (Exception ex) {
     String message = ex.toString();
     System.out.println(message);
     ex.printStackTrace();
     context.put("status", "failed");
     context.put("message", message);
     System.out.println("context--failed");
   }

I am looking forward to hearing from your earliest reply!

yours sincerely

Guo