Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jan Normann Nielsen <li...@dubbekarl.dk> on 2004/09/15 13:45:30 UTC

Subversion 1.1 Book changes?

Hello

Have you considered highligting the changes from 1.0->1.1 in the
Subversion 1.1 book? That would be nice.

Best regards,
Jan Nielsen

Re: Subversion 1.1 Book changes?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 09:34, Jan Normann Nielsen wrote:

> Actually, at first I was thinking of just highligting the parts by
> adding a red line in margin, but the the icon idea is great and much
> better, if it is used consitently, or a chapter or appendix describing
> the most important changes.

The book has already been 'forked' on the svnbook website.  I started
documenting new 1.1 features last night, and hope to be done in about a
week.

In addition to documenting new features in their appropriate chapters,
my plan is to add a new section to the Preface (ch00.xml) that lists
then new features with relevant cross-references.  It would essentially
be a port of http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.1_releasenotes.html.

Re: Subversion 1.1 Book changes?

Posted by Jan Normann Nielsen <li...@dubbekarl.dk>.

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.