Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Kasun Indrasiri <ka...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/16 14:48:59 UTC

New Axis2 release for Synapse 2.1

Hi devs,

We are in the process of releasing Synapse 2.1. However, most of the
critical fixes that are required for Synapse are not available in the axis2
1.6.1.
So, is it possible to get a new axis2 release for Synapse 2.1. (In addition
a new release of axis2-transports is also required).

WDYT?

Kasun Indrasiri
Associate Technical Lead,
WSO2 Inc. - "Lean . Enterprise . Middleware" - http://www.wso2.com/
Blog : http://kasunpanorama.blogspot.com/

Re: New Axis2 release for Synapse 2.1

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Kasun Indrasiri <ka...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yeah, we have switched to 1.6.1 as we need to release Synapse 2.1 soon(we
> have to revert some fixes in the process). However, the plan is to release
> Synapse 2.2, as soon as we have axis2, axis transports and axiom releases.
>  I couldn't find the exact jira list but,
> Synapse need the fixes in axis clustering, BuilderUtil features, RESTUtil
> from axis2. (If we can release axis-transports from trunk would it be ideal)

+1

Thanks,
Hiranya

> Thanks.
>
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 2:34 AM, Andreas Veithen <
> andreas.veithen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The Synapse 2.1 branch was switched to Axis2 1.6.1, so I guess that
>> the request is no longer relevant (otherwise they should have switched
>> to Axis2 1.6.2-SNAPSHOT).
>>
>> Andreas
>>
>> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 07:47, Sagara Gunathunga
>> <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Kasun,
>> >
>> > Can you provide a list of JIRA issues and changes you expect for Synapse
>> > release so that we can merge them in to 1.6 branch and it is possible to
>> > include them to Axis2 1.6.2 release. Most probably we can have  1.6.2
>> > release within next two months but still we have some pending actions ,
>> > please see [1] for details of these actions.
>> >
>> > I can't certain about transport release and possible dates for that.
>> Task
>> > wise we have following items to complete.
>> >
>> > 1.) There are number of patches that need to be reviewed.
>> > 2.) There are some project branding requirements that need to be
>> addressed
>> > before the release.
>> >

>> > I can look into 1.) but I'm not that much keen with 2.) better someone
>> can
>> > drive 2.)
>> >

>> > [1] - http://markmail.org/message/4ielyflweixvy7fx
>> >

>> > Thanks !