Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Tellier Benoit <bt...@apache.org> on 2021/04/06 07:04:30 UTC

[VOTE] Call for vote: Apache James 3.6.0 (round 3)

I would like to propose a new vote 3.6.0 release of the Apache James server.

After an initial mistake (sorry), a failed vote (could not achieve a PMC
quorum), and more issues I did not yet complain about (closing the maven
artifact #1051 failed for a missing MD5 signature - network issue?),
here we are with one more vote !!!

You can find:

- The maven release staged in repository.apache.org as the artifact #1052:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejames-1052/
- The changelog for 3.6.0:
 https://github.com/apache/james-project/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
- The compatibility instructions/upgrade recommendation:
 https://github.com/apache/james-project/blob/master/upgrade-instructions.md#360-version

Voting rules:
 - This is a majority approval: this release may not be vetoed.
 - A quorum of 3 binding votes is required
 - The vote starts at Tuesday 6th of April 2021, 2pm UTC+7
 - The vote ends at Tuesday 13th of March 2021, 2pm UTC+7

You can answer to it just with +1 and -1. Down-votes shall be motivated.

3 binding votes are expected move forward on this release.

Cheers,

Benoit Tellier

Re: [VOTE] Call for vote: Apache James 3.6.0 (round 3)

Posted by Jean Helou <je...@gmail.com>.
go ! +1 :)

Posted by Antoine Duprat <ad...@apache.org>.
+1

Re: [Results] [VOTE] Call for vote: Apache James 3.6.0 (round 3)

Posted by Tellier Benoit <bt...@apache.org>.
Hello Jean,

Le 15/04/2021 à 19:25, Jean Helou a écrit :
> [...]
> I don't see how 389 blocks the release but I'm ok with the PR anyway :)
I will advertise the release on the announce mailing list. If the first
page of the website is advertising a broken demo, then it is not good
for the overall project, and we miss a good opportunity to promote it.

Posted by Jean Helou <je...@gmail.com>.

> I am about to conclude the 3.6.0 release (publish the website & announce)

 :rocket:

However I would like the website to advertise the maintained, apache

Posted by Tellier Benoit <bt...@apache.org>.
Hello there,

I am about to conclude the 3.6.0 release (publish the website & announce)

However I would like the website to advertise the maintained, apache
images rather than the unmaintained ones of an undisclosed third party.

I imagine the changes in
https://github.com/apache/james-project/pull/389 to be consensual.

If the feedback is positive, I can finish the 3.6.0 process as off
today. Otherwise I will proceed, likely on Friday, if not next week when

Posted by Raphaël Ouazana <ro...@linagora.com>.
+1

Posted by Rene Cordier <rc...@apache.org>.
+1

Rene.

Posted by Tellier Benoit <bt...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Vincenzo Gianferrari Pini <vi...@gocloud.it>.
+1

Vincenzo

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 9:28 AM Rémi Kowalski <
remi.florian.kowalski@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> Le mar. 6 avr. 2021 à 09:04, Tellier Benoit <bt...@apache.org> a écrit
> :
>
> > I would like to propose a new vote 3.6.0 release of the Apache James
> > server.
> >
> > After an initial mistake (sorry), a failed vote (could not achieve a PMC
> > quorum), and more issues I did not yet complain about (closing the maven
> > artifact #1051 failed for a missing MD5 signature - network issue?),
> > here we are with one more vote !!!
> >
> > You can find:
> >
> > - The maven release staged in repository.apache.org as the artifact
> #1052:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejames-1052/
> > - The changelog for 3.6.0:
> >  https://github.com/apache/james-project/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
> > - The compatibility instructions/upgrade recommendation:
> >

> https://github.com/apache/james-project/blob/master/upgrade-instructions.md#360-version
> >
> > Voting rules:
> >  - This is a majority approval: this release may not be vetoed.
> >  - A quorum of 3 binding votes is required
> >  - The vote starts at Tuesday 6th of April 2021, 2pm UTC+7
> >  - The vote ends at Tuesday 13th of March 2021, 2pm UTC+7
> >
> > You can answer to it just with +1 and -1. Down-votes shall be motivated.
> >
> > 3 binding votes are expected move forward on this release.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Benoit Tellier
> >
> > Le 30/03/2021 à 17:16, Tellier Benoit a écrit :
> > > The voting period is over.
> > >
> > > Only one upvote had been collected this time. We did not achieve the 3
> > > PMC quorum, and other contributors did not vote as well.
> > >
> > > I will re-trigger a vote, this is a good opportunity to integrate
> > > https://github.com/apache/james-project/pull/349
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Benoit

> > server.

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejames-1050/
> > >>

> https://github.com/apache/james-project/blob/master/upgrade-instructions.md#360-version

Il presente messaggio ed i suoi allegati sono confidenziali in ragione
della loro natura professionale e, in ogni caso, non accessibili al
pubblico. Nel caso in cui il presente messaggio sia ricevuto da soggetto
diverso dal suo diretto destinatario, si prega di darne immediata notizia
all'indirizzo email *amministrazione@gocloud.it
<ma...@gocloud.it>* e di procedere immediatamente alla
distruzione dello stesso e dei suoi allegati, da effettuarsi senza copiarne
o rivelarne ad alcuno il contenuto. Grazie per la collaborazione.

This
e-mail and any  attachments thereto are confidential and may be covered by
legal professional privilege or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you
are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by email to
the address _amministrazione@gocloud.it <ma...@gocloud.it>
and then immediately destroy this message and any attachments from your
system, without copying or disclosing the contents to any other person.
Thank you for your co-operation._

Re: [VOTE] Call for vote: Apache James 3.6.0 (round 3)

Posted by Rémi Kowalski <re...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Juhan Aasaru <aa...@gmail.com>.
+1