Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Amr Khaled <en...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/20 20:11:13 UTC

Data source

How are you all?
I hope you are well. I hope you have a good work on the Shindig project and
finish it as soon as possible.

I have a little question.
I've successfully downloaded and build the Shindig source.
I want to know where the applications data are saved.
Is there a database? If not how can i plug my database with Shindig to build
my social network website.

--
Amr Khaled

Re: Data source

Posted by Cassie <do...@google.com>.
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Amr Khaled <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Cassie thank you for your reply.
> I apologize for being late as I was having college exams.
>
> If you wish to use a database instead of a flat file you just need to
>> provide your own implementations of three service interfaces for people,
>> data and activities. They are in this directory:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/shindig/trunk/java/gadgets/src/main/java/org/apache/shindig/social/opensocial/
>
> Could you explain more ?

Actually, Ian Boston has started working on something like this so you
can actually see his patch for more details:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-204

> The samplecontainer directory has examples of how these can be implemented
>> with the flat file.
>>
> Which file of the samples ? I looked at the samplecontainer.html and I
> couldn't find the usage of these interface files ? Could you point me to it
> ?
> thanks again for care.

Sorry, we have had some directory moves since then so the link I sent
you is out of date. You can look here for the example implementations:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/shindig/trunk/java/social-api/src/main/java/org/apache/shindig/social/samplecontainer/

All of the Basic* classes are file based implementations of the social
interfaces.

I hope that helps.

- Cassie

Re: Data source

Posted by Amr Khaled <en...@gmail.com>.

Re: Data source

Posted by Cassie <do...@apache.org>.
If you are talking about opensocial data, right now it is just pulled from a