Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sivaprasad <si...@echidnainc.com> on 2010/11/19 15:50:49 UTC

String field with lower case filter

Hi,

I am using a string filed with below configuration.

<fieldType name="cat_string" class="solr.StrField" sortMissingLast="true"
omitNorms="true">
      <analyzer>
      </analyzer>
</fieldType>

One of the filed is using the fields type as "cat_string". I am using this
as facet and i am searching on that field .While searching i need case
insensitive search.

Let us say cat:"Games" or cat:"games" should give same results.

But with above configuration i am not getting any results.Can anybody has
idea.

Regards,
Siva

Re: String field with lower case filter

Posted by sivaprasad <si...@echidnainc.com>.
Thank you,It is perfectly working

Re: String field with lower case filter

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.
> But with above configuration i am not getting any
> results.Can anybody has idea.

class="solr.StrField" should be replaced with class="solr.TextField"