Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by John Wilson <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/29 17:45:51 UTC

A quick question on Cache Data Consistency

Hi,

The documentation here,
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/primary-and-backup-copies, states that
regardless of write synchronization mode, cache data will always remain
fully consistent across all participating nodes. Yet, the Ignite book,
states that AP (of CAP theorem) is guaranteed under ATOMIC mode
(sacrificing consistency). I'm confused, please explain.

Thanks,
John

Re: A quick question on Cache Data Consistency

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi John,

Thanks for pointing out to this. I’ve altered the documentation clarifying that the statement is true for transactions.

Note that regardless of write synchronization mode, cache data will always remain fully consistent across all participating nodes *when using transactions*.

—
Denis