Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> on 2007/03/16 17:22:32 UTC

Re: ROL-936 Session timeout causes entry post to fail

Still some issues I'm looking at.

I reopened the JIRA issue, only because we aren't yet distributing the 1.0.3
jar ourselves, and we should mark it resolved when we've incorporated it.

I downloaded 1.0.3 and tried it in our trunk build.  I've found one issue
that I'm still trying to understand.  Basic login tests (positive and
negative cases) and logout work.

However, if I set the Remember Me option at login, explicit logout doesn't
work at all.   I'm logged in forever.

Emily, have you noticed this issue with 1.0.3 in your installation?

I still haven't gotten to testing that the timeout issue is in fact
resolved.

So I've held off on checkin. Matt, if you have any clues, please let me
know.

I think we should continue to distribute 1.0.1 with 3.1 and I hope to get
this issue resolved and move to 1.0.3 for future releases.

--a.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
I had assumed this was a new phenomenon with the acegi-security-1.0.3.jar
but
I'm seeing this bug in my trunk build even with the current
acegi-security-1.0.1.jar.

Namely:  Login with RememberMe.  Now try to logout.  You can't.

The code in logout-redirect.jsp seems ineffective in canceling the acegi
remember-me cookie.

Can anyone else confirm this is not some local problem of mine?  I think we
need to fix this.

I am moving on to overall testing of my 3.1 installs.

--a.

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
I've upgraded the trunk to build with acegi-security-1.0.3.jar and verified
that it fixes the timeout issue (ROL-936).  I've re-marked the bug as
resolved.

The Remember Me problem was independent.  I filed it as ROL-1374 and also
fixed it, but in the trunk.

Both of these trunk fixes will miss 3.1 unless there is another 3.1 RC
round.   If there's another 3.1 RC built for some other reason, we'll should
try to incorporate these two fixes.

--a.

Posted by Emily Lynema <em...@ncsu.edu>.
Anil,

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
On 3/16/07, Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> wrote:

> Still some issues I'm looking at.
>
> I reopened the JIRA issue, only because we aren't yet distributing the 1.0.3
> jar ourselves, and we should mark it resolved when we've incorporated it.
>
> I downloaded 1.0.3 and tried it in our trunk build.  I've found one issue
> that I'm still trying to understand.  Basic login tests (positive and
> negative cases) and logout work.
>
> However, if I set the Remember Me option at login, explicit logout doesn't
> work at all.   I'm logged in forever.

We had this problem in AppFuse with the LogoutFilter.  In the latest
release, we've reverted to using a logout.jsp.

Matt

--
http://raibledesigns.com

Re: ROL-936 Session timeout causes entry post to fail

Posted by Emily Lynema <em...@ncsu.edu>.
Anil,