Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kavita Mehta <Ka...@hsc.com> on 2008/10/24 11:34:03 UTC

Authentication from Apache -> tomcat

Hi,
I have a struts application on Tomcat which is linked by a Ruby on Rails
application on Apache through <a href> tag .
 My problem is that
-- when the user logs in to Rails application (on Apache server), he gets
authenticated and a cookie is stored .

-- The user clicks on the link to struts application and is directed to
the application on Tomcat

-- when I try to authenticate the user on struts application, I can't
access the cookie initially set by the Rails application .

Pls help if anyone has any pointers on this .

Thanks ,
Kavita

*****************************************************DISCLAIMER*****************************************************

This message and/or attachment(s) contained here are confidential, proprietary to HUGHES SYSTIQUE and its customers.
Contents may be privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the entity it is
addressed to. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, it is strictly prohibited to read, forward,
print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the message.

Re: Authentication from Apache -> tomcat

Posted by Paweł Wielgus <po...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kavita,
cookies are only valid inside one domain and scheme.
So instant solution is to provide some kind of token passed along with
this <a link> to tomcat. Then in tomcat ask RoR by webservice or
something else if this token is valid and automaticly create session
for incoming user.

Or use same domain and scheme.

Best greetings,
Paweł Wielgus.