Posted to user@spark.apache.org by maxdml <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/06 21:24:06 UTC

Master doesn't start, no logs

Hi,

I've been compiling spark 1.4.0 with SBT, from the source tarball available
on the official website. I cannot run spark's master, even tho I have built
and run several other instance of spark on the same machine (spark 1.3,
master branch, pre built 1.4, ...)

/starting org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master, logging to
/mnt/spark-1.4.0/sbin/../logs/spark-root-org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master-1-xx.out
failed to launch org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master:
full log in
/mnt/spark-1.4.0/sbin/../logs/spark-root-org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master-1-xx.out/

But the log file is empty.

After digging up to ./bin/spark-class, and finally trying to start the
master with:

./bin/spark-class org.apache.spark.deploy.master.Master --host 155.99.144.31

I still have the same result. Here is the strace output for this command:

http://pastebin.com/bkJVncBm

I'm using a 64 bit Xeon, CentOS 6.5, spark 1.4.0, compiled against hadoop
2.5.2

Any idea? :-)

Re: Master doesn't start, no logs

Posted by Max Demoulin <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

I tried that, and the result was the same.

I still can start a master from the spark-1.4.0-bin-hadoop2.4 pre-built
version thought

I don't really know what to show more than the strace that I already
linked, so I could use any hint for that.

--
Henri Maxime Demoulin

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.

Posted by Max Demoulin <ma...@gmail.com>.