Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Kuldeep Bora <ku...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/21 17:38:53 UTC

Fwd: Container not killed even on SUCEEDED status

Hello,

Sorry for posting to the yarn issue list before.

I have a job with no reducers and 20 mappers, out of which 14 get scheduled
at a time. But strangely even if mappers reach a SUCEEDED status the
container running them is not killed. Due to which the next set of mappers
never get scheduled. I admit that there may be threads running in the jvm
which can be stopped but shouldnt a SIGTERM be issued to container
automatically?

I am on hadoop 2.2.0 and cascading 2.5.5 on debian wheezy*.

Anyone else faced this?

Regards