Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ian Zimmerman <it...@primate.net> on 2017/02/11 17:53:05 UTC

pyzor options

This may have been part of the reason why I stopped using pyzor.  Taking
a second look now, but the configuration still seems somewhat less than
obvious.

I want to set the pyzor "homedir", that is the directory where the
servers file lives.  I tried (in local.cf):

pyzor_options --homedir=/usr/local/pyzor

pyzor_options "--homedir=/usr/local/pyzor"

Both result in spamassassin logging:

info: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line,
"--homedir=/usr/local/pyzor" is not valid for "pyzor_options", skipping:
pyzor_options --homedir=/usr/local/pyzor

What am I doing wrong?

Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html

Re: pyzor options

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 15:40:18 -0500
Alex wrote:

> It appears to be working. I just hoped someone could confirm there was
> nothing further I needed to do.

You probably don't even need the --homedir, I just noticed
that I don't have a .pyzor directory in my home directory and
checking and reporting both work on the command line.

Re: pyzor options

Posted by Alex <my...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 2:37 PM, RW <rw...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 11:26:05 -0800
> Ian Zimmerman wrote:

>> > You were close.  No equals sign:
>> >
>> > pyzor_options --homedir /usr/local/pyzor
>>
>> But the pyzor help text (shown when run without args) tells me there
>> is an equal sign.  Besides, pyzor is a python program and the usual
>> arg parsing modules for python understand both spellings.

Does anyone have any more complete instructions on how to set it up
properly? The current wiki page says to run "pyzor --homedir
/etc/mail/spamassassin discover" , but the package that comes with
fedora25 doesn't recognize "discover"

# pyzor --homedir /etc/mail/spamassassin discover
2017-02-11 15:28:50,044 (13496) CRITICAL Unknown command: discover

I've added "pyzor_options --homedir /etc/mail/spamassassin" to my
local.cf and it appears to recognize it when I run spamassassin
manually:

# cat spam.test | spamassassin -D 2>&1|grep pyzor
dbg: pyzor: network tests on, attempting Pyzor
dbg: util: executable for pyzor was found at /usr/bin/pyzor
dbg: pyzor: opening pipe: /usr/bin/pyzor --homedir
/etc/mail/spamassassin check < /tmp/.spamassassin17358bO8g8xtmp
dbg: pyzor: got response: public.pyzor.org:24441 (200, 'OK') 1956102 7242
dbg: pyzor: listed: COUNT=1956102/5 WHITELIST=72424

Re: pyzor options

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.

Re: pyzor options

Posted by Ian Zimmerman <it...@primate.net>.

Re: pyzor options

Posted by David Jones <dj...@ena.com>.

>This may have been part of the reason why I stopped using pyzor.  Taking
>a second look now, but the configuration still seems somewhat less than
>obvious.

>I want to set the pyzor "homedir", that is the directory where the
>servers file lives.  I tried (in local.cf):

>pyzor_options --homedir=/usr/local/pyzor

>pyzor_options "--homedir=/usr/local/pyzor"

>Both result in spamassassin logging:

>info: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line,
>"--homedir=/usr/local/pyzor" is not valid for "pyzor_options", skipping:
>pyzor_options --homedir=/usr/local/pyzor

>What am I doing wrong?

You were close.  No equals sign:

pyzor_options --homedir /usr/local/pyzor

Dave