Posted to dev@vcl.apache.org by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu> on 2011/04/04 19:31:02 UTC

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] release VCL 2.2.1 - voting based on RC2

Okay, we'll try this again.  Given the following votes with voting based on
RC2, the Apache VCL community has voted to release Apache VCL 2.2.1:

+1 Josh Thompson
+1 Aaron Peeler
+1 David Creech
+1 Bradley Bigham
+1 Mike Waldron
+1 Alex Patterson
+1 Patrick Sigmon
+1 Art Vandenberg
+1 Henry Schaffer

That totals +9.  I should have the email to the IPMC list calling for a vote
there send out shortly.

Again, there must be at least three +1 votes cast by Incubator PMC members
with the majority of them being positive.  The archives for that list are
still in the same place: ;)

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/

Josh

On Thursday March 31, 2011, Josh Thompson wrote:
> There were a couple of bugs found related to IE that kept graphs from being
> displayed that seemed worth fixing before doing a release.  I'm starting a
> different thread to vote again based on RC2 to make it easier to tally
> votes.
>
> This is basically the same email as before except with RC1 changed to RC2.
> There were 2 JIRA issues resolved for RC2:
>
> * [VCL-439] - trailing commas in statistics.js keeps graphs from showing in
> IE on stats page
> * [VCL-440] - dashboard last 12 hours of reservations graph not positioned
>               correctly in IE in compatibility mode
>
> In mid January, the community decided to go ahead with a release of 2.2.1
> to get a lot of bug fixes out.  We've finally gotten to the point of doing
> the release.
>
> I created a release artifact based off of trunk.  I copied trunk to a tag
> under the tags area of the repo that is named release-2.2.1-RC2:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/vcl/tags/release-2.2.1-RC2/
>
> The artifact is an export from that tag with the addition of Dojo Toolkit
> version 1.5.0 bundled in the web code.  The artifact, MD5 and SHA1 sums,
> and my GPG signature of it are available from my space on people.a.o:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jfthomps/apache-VCL-2.2.1-RC2-incubating/
>
> The list of resolved JIRA issues associated with this release can be found
> on the VCL 2.2.1 release page:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/VCL/vcl-221-unreleased.html
>
> Installation instructions are on the Confluence site and in the
> INSTALLATION file included in the artifact.
>
> I have completed a test install of all parts and was able to successfully
> create, capture, and deploy a base image.
>
> The directory created by extracting the RC2 artifact is
> "apache-VCL-2.2.1-RC2- incubating".  Licensing information about perl and
> its required modules, php and its required modules, and mysql are stated
> as "system requirements" according to the information under "System
> Requirements" on
> http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html.
>
> Please vote by noon (EDT) on Monday, 4/1 to publish this release (this
> allows for 3 business days to vote).  Please note that anyone in the VCL
> community is allowed to vote.
>
> [ ] +1 yes, release VCL 2.2.1
> [ ] 0 dunno
> [ ] -1 no, don't release VCL 2.2.1 (provide reasons if this is your vote)
>
> Josh
- --
- -------------------------------
Josh Thompson
VCL Developer
North Carolina State University

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] release VCL 2.2.1 - voting based on RC2

Posted by Josh Thompson <jo...@ncsu.edu>.

The vote passed on the IPMC list.  I'll get the release artifact, sums, and
signature created and posted shortly.  We are supposed to wait around 24 hours
for the artifact to make it to the mirrors before making an official
announcement about the release.

Josh

On Monday April 04, 2011, Josh Thompson wrote:
> [...]
> > INSTALLATION file included in the artifact.
> >
> > I have completed a test install of all parts and was able to successfully
> > create, capture, and deploy a base image.
> >
> > The directory created by extracting the RC2 artifact is
> > "apache-VCL-2.2.1-RC2- incubating".  Licensing information about perl and
> > its required modules, php and its required modules, and mysql are stated
> > as "system requirements" according to the information under "System
> > Requirements" on
> > http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html.
> >
> > Please vote by noon (EDT) on Monday, 4/1 to publish this release (this
> > allows for 3 business days to vote).  Please note that anyone in the VCL
> > community is allowed to vote.
> >
> > [ ] +1 yes, release VCL 2.2.1
> > [ ] 0 dunno
> > [ ] -1 no, don't release VCL 2.2.1 (provide reasons if this is your vote)

- --

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu