Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/06 12:50:50 UTC

Contributor(s): markiewb@netbeans.org

jumpto/test/unit/src/org/netbeans/modules/jumpto/common/HighlightingNameFormatterTest.java
has

Copyright 2012 Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

but also

Contributor(s): markiewb@netbeans.org
> Portions Copyrighted 2012 Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Can we change it to Apache license?

--emi

List of approved contributors was: Contributor(s): markiewb@netbeans.org

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@oracle.com>.
>> Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>: 06.10.17 @ 13:50 <<
> OK, whatever you prefer, but it can definitely be changed, since he wrote
> this code while working at Oracle and so it belonged to Oracle.

Geertjan,
I don't think Benno ever worked for Oracle. However it is possible to find his
name in the list of OCA approved signatories:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/community/oca-486395.html
https://netbeans.org/about/legal/approved-contributors.html

as such your conclusion is correct. The code belonged to Oracle, could have
been donated by Oracle and can (and shall) be relicensed to Apache.

-jt

Re: Contributor(s): markiewb@netbeans.org

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.