Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Lakshya Garg <la...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/23 04:02:26 UTC

OutputTag alternative with pyflink 1.15.0

Hi Everyone,
I see that in pyflink 1.15.0 there isnt support for Output tag to redirect
the messages to other output streams. Is this understanding right?
If yes, What can be the alternative for this? any example or reference link
would be helpful.

Lakshya

Re: OutputTag alternative with pyflink 1.15.0

Posted by Lakshya Garg <la...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the helpful links Yuxia.

Posted by yuxia <lu...@alumni.sjtu.edu.cn>.
Yes, you're right.

Hopefully, the master branch supported it [1]. But It haven't been released. If you want to use output tag in python in 1.15, you can apply this patch[1] to your Flink 1.15 and build it by yourself[3].
BTW, if you don't want to bother to build. You can use java/scala api.

[1] [ https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/dev/datastream/side_output/ | https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/dev/datastream/side_output/ ]
[2] [ https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/19453 | https://github.com/apache/flink/pull/19453 ]
[3] [ https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/flinkdev/building/ | https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/flinkdev/building/ ]

Best regards,