Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Geoffrey Myers <li...@serioustechnology.com> on 2012/03/13 18:32:06 UTC

added branch disappears?

Can anyone shed light on this issue?

1. create new branch 'foo'
2. merge different branch 'bar' into trunk
3. merge trunk into all other existing branches

Seems that the branch foo disappeared sometime between 2 and 3.  have
the commit email showing I created the branch, so I'm dumbfounded here.

Any insights would be appreciated.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."
- Thomas Jefferson

Re: added branch disappears?

Posted by Geoffrey Myers <li...@serioustechnology.com>.
On 03/13/2012 04:51 PM, Bob Archer wrote:

>>> Did you branch to the repository or to the working copy? If you didn't commit
>> the branch it wouldn't have gone into the repo.
>>
>> branched to the repository:
>>
>> svn copy svn+ssh://matrix/team/tree/app/trunk
>> 	svn+ssh://matrix/team/tree/trunk/branches/819
>> 	-m 'Create a development branch'
>>

>> We have a commit hook, so it definitely was commited.
>>>

> Ok, so check the log.. it's either still there or someone deleted it so it doesn't show up in HEAD.

I can not find any reference to it in the logs.  Yet, I do have the
commit email, so I know the commit worked.

This really concerns me.  I can recreate the branch, but really want to
figure out what happened here.

RE: added branch disappears?

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.

Re: added branch disappears?

Posted by Les Mikesell <le...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 3:31 PM, Geoffrey Myers
<li...@serioustechnology.com> wrote:

>> Did you branch to the repository or to the working copy? If you didn't
>> commit the branch it wouldn't have gone into the repo.
>

> branched to the repository:
>
> svn copy svn+ssh://matrix/team/tree/app/trunk
>        svn+ssh://matrix/team/tree/trunk/branches/819
>        -m 'Create a development branch'

Are your branches really not parallel to the trunk for the same thing?
  The add and delete of this should show up in the log of
svn+ssh://matrix/team/tree/trunk/branches.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell@gmail.com

Re: added branch disappears?