Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org> on 2020/06/01 16:51:30 UTC

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

I'm having problems building...likely user error.

On ubuntu with Java 8, maven 3.6.3, `mvn clean install` on the commandline:
fontbox fails to build "maven-compiler-plugin" Compilation failure with no
warnings or info on what failed even with -e -X.

On a mac with Java 8, I'm getting test failures testFlattenPDFBOX563() and
testFlattenPDFBOX2469Filled().  If I disable those tests, I am able to
build it.

All is good for now, but weird...

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
After checking two actual files (thanks Tim) I agree. The differences
are minor and related to cases where it is difficult to get anything.
Other differences are improvements.

Tilman

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Thanks Tim and Tilman,

it looks like we are good to go. I'm going to cut the release tomorrow evening CEST.

Andreas

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Re: New file vm WAS: Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
>I'd go for corpora.tika.apache.org too.

Infra ticket updated.  Thank you, all!

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 02.06.2020 um 19:24 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
> Order placed. Once the server is available and the initial setup done I'll post here. Should be done by end of week depending on
> my other workload.

Thanks!!

Tilman

Re: New file vm WAS: Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.

> Am 02.06.20 um 22:20 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
> >
> > > Maruan,
> > >    To confirm, you're ok if we grant access to the server to our colleagues
> > > on Tika and POI?
> >
> > to be clear - my company is only sponsoring the box. It's the projects decision who needs access not mine. So feel free.
> Thanks a lot Maruan! Should we mention your company somewhere as sponsor?

I'm glad that I can give something back to the projects. Mention the sponsoring is not needed. With the corpora files PDFBox,
Tika, POI others have one of the best base of real world files. I remember when doing a presentation at PDF Days some times ago
that people were really impressed about our testing.
BR
Maruan

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Am 02.06.20 um 22:20 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:

>> Maruan,
>>    To confirm, you're ok if we grant access to the server to our colleagues
>> on Tika and POI?
>
> to be clear - my company is only sponsoring the box. It's the projects decision who needs access not mine. So feel free.
Thanks a lot Maruan! Should we mention your company somewhere as sponsor?

Andreas

> BR
> Maruan
>

>>    Again, wow, THANK YOU!
>>
>>                 Best,
>>
>>                            Tim

>>> I just pinged infra on slack.
>>>
>>> If they're able to do it, what would we want?
>>>
>>> file-corpora.apache.org
>>> corpora.apache.org
>>> corpora-pdfbox.apache.org

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
I'd be more than happy to help with maintenance.  This would be AMAZING!

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.

> I'm rsync'ing the data over now.  I probably won't get around to setting up httpd this week, but if anyone else wants to take it, go for it.  This will at least get team members access to the files asap.

I can take care of httpd but would prefer to wait until the subdomain/cert is done as I'd go for https only. If access is needed
quicker let me know - I'd do an initial setup in that case.

BR
Maruan

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
Maruan,

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
Could fund either:

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
There are two use cases.

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
Our commoncrawl slice+bugtrackers are currently 1 TB, govdocs1 is another
.5 TB.

2 TB would safely cover the source documents that we're currently using.

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de>.
How many TB would that be?

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
Got it.  Thank you.  That makes good sense.  Onwards!

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Re: Release 2.0.20 ?

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.