Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/20 12:04:14 UTC

Creating jackrabbit-stats as a generic execution statistics library

Hi,

The TimeSeries mechanism recently added in JCR-3040 is not tied to
specific repository metrics, and I'm actually now seeing some interest
for using the same mechanism for collecting and reporting also various
application-level execution statistics.

To enable such use cases, I'd like to move the TimeSeries mechanism
from jackrabbit-api and -core to a separate new jackrabbit-stats
component without the JCR dependency. That way it could be used even
by applications without a direct JCR dependency.

Ultimately such a generic codebase could be moved to somewhere like
Apache Commons, but for now it'll be easiest to have it in Jackrabbit.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Creating jackrabbit-stats as a generic execution statistics library

Posted by Edouard Hue <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Maybe you'll be interested by Apache Commons Monitoring [1]. It's still in
sandbox but I found it pretty useful and better integrated than perf4j.

Edouard

1 : http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/monitoring/

AW: Creating jackrabbit-stats as a generic execution statistics library

Posted by KÖLL Claus <C....@TIROL.GV.AT>.
sounds good
+1

good work jukka !