Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2013/10/03 15:44:19 UTC

UserAdmin and GroupAdmin groups in Oak

Hi,

For my Sling tests (SLING-3144) I'm missing these groups, which are
present on the previous Jackrabbit setup but not with my current Oak
0.9 setup.

IIUC it's the UserAccessControlProvider [1] that created those groups
for Jackrabbit, is there an equivalent in Oak?

-Bertrand

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/2.2/org/apache/jackrabbit/core/security/user/UserAccessControlProvider.html

Re: UserAdmin and GroupAdmin groups in Oak

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com> wrote:
>... as far as i understood the sling team is claiming that sling
> is implemented strictly against the JCR specification and using
> Jackrabbit API is considered evil... with that in mind i am a bit
> surprised to see how much it relies on implementation details.
> but maybe this is a good chance to clean up those parts?...

Yes probably - I'm "just" working on getting the Sling integration
tests to work with oak and stumbled on SLING-3144 but I'm not familiar
with the code that uses that.

IIUC it's just about making it possible for users to create users and
groups - I'll study the code in more detail, and might come back with
a more precise question.

There are also some places where Sling *tests* make too many
assumptions about the backend, I am fixing those as part of the
general SLING-2788 "run Sling on Oak" effort.

-Bertrand

Re: UserAdmin and GroupAdmin groups in Oak

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
just one additional comment:

the UserAccessControlProvider really only makes sense (if at all)
in the light of a multi-workspace setup where users are stored
in a dedicated separate workspace as we originally had it in CRX 1.x.
the users were in that setup shared between all workspaces.

nowadays i would consider this just legacy.
an somewhat equivalent replacement for that implementation in OAK
should IMO rather store user/group information underneath /jcr:system in
a place that is shared by all workspaces (similar to the version store
or the node type information)... but that's still just an idea and i
have no concrete plans for that (there are also quite some
open questions to solve).

kind regards
angela

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi bertrand

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
hi bertrand

there is no equivalent implementation in Oak and there will
be no equivalent implementation as long as we don't support
multiple workspaces.

the default security setup in OAK corresponds to one defined
by  UserPerWorkspaceSecurityManager in Jackrabbit core which
basically is what we use for our products at Adobe.

kind regards
angela