Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Narendra Babu Kirthi <nk...@cisco.com> on 2004/09/03 09:47:35 UTC

Closing appenders issue.

Hi,

    How to stop log4j from closing the appenders that are set for a
category before in a single JVM.
    i.e I have a category com.myPackage.hello= INFO,A1 in
someOne.properties(log4j property file).
    I have the same category set in someTwo.properties(log4j property
file). Whats happening is
    when the second property file is loaded second then the category set
in the first propert file is
    getting closed and throwing error like log4j:ERROR writing to a
closed appender ... error.
    Has any one encountered such situation ? If anyone has info on this,
please throw some light on this.

Regards
Naren