Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Aakash Khochare <aa...@grads.cds.iisc.ac.in> on 2017/01/26 17:16:07 UTC

A few clarifications on MiNiFi

Greetings,

I am a part of a Research Lab in Indian Institute of Science. We are in process of evaluating various frameworks for our IoT deployments. So, MiNiFi's webpage states "Perspectives of the role of MiNiFi should be from the perspective of the agent acting immediately at, or directly adjacent to, source sensors, systems, or servers. " However targets data ingress and from the overview that I had all the processors are targeted towards ingress/egress/transformation of data. Can anyone specifically point out features that facilitate the "agent acting immediately" aspect? Ofcourse I can make custom processors, but what are the specific differences between NiFi and MiNiFi.

Also, the documentation is pretty lean at this point. I hope that changes pretty quickly.

Regards,

Aakash Khochare

MTech (Research)

Indian Institute of Science

Re: A few clarifications on MiNiFi

Posted by Juan Sequeiros <he...@gmail.com>.
I was also pointed to this good document for MINIFI Administration on the
nifi uses alias.

https://github.com/apache/nifi-minifi/blob/master/minifi-docs/src/main/markdown/System_Admin_Guide.md#provenance-reporting-1

Posted by "Uwe@Moosheimer.com" <Uw...@Moosheimer.com>.
Hi Aakash,