Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Matt Mitchell <go...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/17 20:57:30 UTC

delete field from index

Hi,

I was using a field called "word" but have changed it to "spell". Do I need
to delete this field from the index and if so, how? I'm concerned because
when I do a query like:

?q.alt=*:*&qt=dismax

I get an error saying the "word" field was not found.

Matt

Re: delete field from index

Posted by Matt Mitchell <go...@gmail.com>.
OK I figured it out. It's because my fl had * in it. So, I'm guessing a
re-index will remove the "word" field for good?

+ Erik for the tip :)

Matt