Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Glenn Hirshon <Gl...@ozcap.com> on 2010/11/23 19:15:32 UTC

merging images from a compact-pdf file

I've been using pdfbox to do processing on documents scanned with our
office copy machines (Cannon and Ricoh machines).  Normally, the resulting
pdf files contain one TIF file per page and the page.converttoimage()
function works fine to extract the image.  One of the machines has a
setting to produce 'compact pdf' files which produces a smaller file. When
the compact feature is turned on, instead of a single TIF image being
stored in the page, multiple images are stored which need to be
reassembled into a single image through some type of merging process.

I am able to extract the separate images but I'm missing the roadmap on
how to size the images and recombine them.  Is there some sort of property
which provides relative x,y coordinates so I can recombine using a
graphics drawImage method?

Glenn Hirshon

The information contained in this message and any attachment(s) may be
privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected from
disclosure and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of
this message and any attachment is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. If you have received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to this email and permanently delete the message
from your computer.

Nothing contained in this message and/or any attachment(s) constitutes a
solicitation or an offer to buy or sell any securities.

RES: merging images from a compact-pdf file

Posted by José Rodolfo Carrijo de Freitas <jo...@softplan.com.br>.
Hello Glenn,
There is an example that show how to do that.

Is a class called PrintImageLocations, the problem is to process the entire
stream to find this information.
Maybe you can adapt it to process the stream once and store those locations
in a data structure.

http://pdfbox.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/util/PrintImageL
ocations.html