Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2007/04/02 22:32:08 UTC

maven-install-plugin :: Cannot override read-only parameter: artifactId ?

I all of a sudden started to see this today:

<snip>
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error configuring: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-
plugin. Reason: ERROR: Cannot override read-only parameter:
artifactId in goal: install:install-file
</snip>

 From what I can tell this is using maven-install-plugin 2.1.

Anyone know whats going on?  I get the same problem with Maven 2.0.5
and 2.0.6 :-(

--jason

Re: maven-install-plugin :: Cannot override read-only parameter: artifactId ?

Posted by jbonevich <jb...@compendiabio.com>.
Some more details on this:

I have a common build project containing only a pom.xml, and several
projects parallel to it with code, etc. and their pom.xmls.  No inheritance
involved.  Just <module> references in the common build project to the
others.  I have a pluginManagement section in the common one that declares
the version of the install plugin as the 2.2-SNAPSHOT.  I know this should
not affect the other projects, but I figgered what the heck.  I only
explicitly declare use of the 2.2-SNAPSHOT in two of the projects; there are
a couple others that rely on the defaults.

So strangely enough, if I explicitly add a plugins section to one of the
projects that relied on the defaults and declare 2.2-SNAPSHOT as the version
to use, it works on linux now.  Must be some weird build ordering thing.
This is really jenky and bad smelling folks.

Anywho, problem solved for now.  But you may want to look into this further,
as I can imagine the pain others might be suffering.

jeff

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
np :)

There's a couple of issues before we can release it though.

Cheers,
Stéphane

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stephane,

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jbonevich <jb...@compendiabio.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by Raphaël Piéroni <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jason,

My problem was the usage of properties $(project.version} ${project.groupId}
in the depMan of the parent pom. I now enforce manual resolution.

The depMan defined the modules version and groupId for other modules.

Regards,

Raphaël

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.