Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> on 2004/03/11 19:20:12 UTC

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/cron/java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/background BackgroundEnvironment.java

On 11.03.2004 16:38, sylvain@apache.org wrote:

> sylvain     2004/03/11 07:38:31
>
>   Modified:    src/blocks/cron/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/cron
>                         QuartzJobScheduler.java TestCronJob.java
>                         QuartzJobExecutor.java
>                         AbstractPipelineCallingCronJob.java
>                src/blocks/cron/java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/background
>                         BackgroundEnvironment.java
>   Log:
>   Refactor job launching to setup an environment that allows normal use of the sourceresolver, including "cocoon:" protocol

>   +	/** The Cocoon enviroment in which jobs will operate */
>   +	private BackgroundEnvironment jobEnvironment;

quoting Eclipse: "The private field QuartzJobScheduler.jobEnvironment is
never read locally."

Is it needed?

Joerg

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/cron/java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/background BackgroundEnvironment.java

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 11.03.2004 22:57, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>> quoting Eclipse: "The private field QuartzJobScheduler.jobEnvironment
>> is never read locally."
>>
>> Is it needed?
>
> Well, if Eclipse says no, I guess it's right ;-)
>
> Seriously, this refactoring went through several iterations and the
> location of the environment move several times: it was initially a
> singleton, but I later changed this when I realized that background
> request processing can use request attributes, and that therefore a
> singleton wasn't suitable.

Thanks. I only asked, because the last time I removed such unused code I
broke some hidden magic code, because there happened something not obvious.

Joerg

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/cron/java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/background BackgroundEnvironment.java

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 11.03.2004 16:38, sylvain@apache.org wrote:
>
>> sylvain     2004/03/11 07:38:31
>>
>>   Modified:    src/blocks/cron/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/cron
>>                         QuartzJobScheduler.java TestCronJob.java
>>                         QuartzJobExecutor.java
>>                         AbstractPipelineCallingCronJob.java
>>
>> src/blocks/cron/java/org/apache/cocoon/environment/background
>>                         BackgroundEnvironment.java
>>   Log:
>>   Refactor job launching to setup an environment that allows normal
>> use of the sourceresolver, including "cocoon:" protocol

>>   +    /** The Cocoon enviroment in which jobs will operate */
>>   +    private BackgroundEnvironment jobEnvironment;
>

> quoting Eclipse: "The private field QuartzJobScheduler.jobEnvironment
> is never read locally."
>
> Is it needed?

Well, if Eclipse says no, I guess it's right ;-)

Seriously, this refactoring went through several iterations and the
location of the environment move several times: it was initially a
singleton, but I later changed this when I realized that background
request processing can use request attributes, and that therefore a
singleton wasn't suitable.

Sylvain