Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com> on 2003/10/28 13:27:28 UTC

Publishing docs in default publication

Hello List,

I already wrote some mails about publishing problems in the default pub.
I have attached a log4j log file.

The Problem is, I can't publish docs in default pub after a fresh
installation of lenya. I do not get an error while publishing, but the
attached log shows an interesting stack trace. Maybe you can tell me
what is wrong.

Another behavior then is, that the workflow shows the doc as published
after the described unsuccessful publishing step.

(the log file shows activities from a couple of docs I tried to
publish.)

Thanks.

--
Rolf Kulemann

Afternoon, n.:
	That part of the day we spend worrying about how we wasted the
morning.

PGP/GPG public key:
	 http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x6B4EA7EA

Re: Publishing docs in default publication

Posted by Manuel Siebeneicher <tr...@gmx.net>.
Am Dienstag, 28. Oktober 2003 13:27 schrieb Rolf Kulemann:
> The Problem is, I can't publish docs in default pub after a fresh
> installation of lenya. I do not get an error while publishing, but the
> attached log shows an interesting stack trace. Maybe you can tell me
> what is wrong.

You derived your publication from some existing 'test' publication like
'default' or 'OSCOM' ?
Perhaps the published files lies in the live directory of the original
publication ...

greetz
Manuel

Re: Publishing docs in default publication

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.
On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 09:07, Rolf Kulemann wrote:
> I have also updated local.blocks.properties.
> After a cvs checkout of
> Lenya and Cocoon I can't access the authoring area of any pub i.e.
> default or blog.

The problem was that I used cocoon cvs head. I'm now using cocoon-2.1.2,
which solved the above problem.

--
Rolf Kulemann

Finagle's Creed:
	Science is true.  Don't be misled by facts.

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ma...@rolf-kulemann.com>.
On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 16:49, Michael Wechner wrote:
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> > Rolf Kulemann wrote:
>
> <snip />
>

> > To get rid of the scheduler exceptions, you have to compile
> > Cocoon without the cron block (look into blocks.properties).
>
> I have updated src/cocoon/local.blocks.properties
>
> Excluded:
> cron and scratchpad
>
> Included:
> webdav and slide and linotype
>

> This works for me. It would be great if somebody could cross-check it.

I have also updated local.blocks.properties.
I don't know *what* does work for you now, but after a cvs checkout of
Lenya and Cocoon I can't access the authoring area of any pub i.e.
default or blog. I'm always getting "page not published".

I will give it another try this evening. Maybe someone has ideas whats
wrong here.

I have attached a log4j logfile, but it does not seem to contain any
useful info.

--
Rolf Kulemann

Famous, adj.:
	Conspicuously miserable.
		-- Ambrose Bierce

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Rolf Kulemann wrote:

<snip />

> To get rid of the scheduler exceptions, you have to compile
> Cocoon without the cron block (look into blocks.properties).

I have updated src/cocoon/local.blocks.properties

Excluded:
cron and scratchpad

Included:
webdav and slide and linotype

This works for me. It would be great if somebody could cross-check it.

Thanks

Michi

> Maybe someone could upload a Cocoon build without the
> unnecessary blocks?
>
> The HTML export (wget) exception shouldn't do any harm.
>
>> Another behavior then is, that the workflow shows the doc as published
>> after the described unsuccessful publishing step.
>

> This is a known issue.
> Unfortunately, with the current architecture it is
> not possible to trigger the workflow *after* the task
> is executed. We're working on a solution. Suggestions
> are very welcome!
>
> -- Andreas

Michael Wechner

Re: Publishing docs in default publication

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.