Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Kadal Amutham <vk...@apache.org> on 2013/07/02 07:46:04 UTC

How to locate a string in Pootle?

Kindly have a look at http://3frames.in/AOO/Bug004.html and have a closer
look at the encircled area. Some characters appear one over other,
illegible. How to access this string and correct the translation?

I have downloaded, the whole PO files along with structure. If the text is
clear, then I can search for the directory for the string and access it and
modify it.

Can you tell me the policy / logic in framing the directory structure on
pootle server?

Re: How to locate a string in Pootle?

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 7/3/13 10:04 AM, Kadal Amutham wrote:
> How often the snapshots are updated?

it depends, normally I would love to use build bots but our build bots
are not reliable currently and don't build exactly with the baseline
that we use for the release builds. but that is a different topic and we
have to work on this...

I plan today to build a new snapshot and a further one next week (July
9th) which is already intended to be a release candidate.

We have to see how the feedback will be that we receive...

Juergen

> With Warm Regards
>
> V.Kadal Amutham
> 919444360480
> 914422396480
>

> On 3 July 2013 13:21, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 7/3/13 3:56 AM, Kadal Amutham wrote:
>>> I was given an SDF file. What to do with that file? Or, if I just update
>>> the pootle, will the rest taken be care of?
>>
>> if you don't have a build environment in place you should do nothing and
>> should wait on the next snapshot.
>>
>> Sorry if I have confused you
>>
>> Juergen
>>

>>> With Warm Regards
>>>
>>> V.Kadal Amutham
>>> 919444360480

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 7/2/13 11:23 AM, Kadal Amutham wrote:
> What I could understand from your mail is - there is a way for me to make a
> build on my own and test.
>
> Generally a make a build, a development environment will be required. I do
> not have any. Kindly guide me to install one. I prefer installation in
> Ubuntu 11.10

I will include ta in the next snapshot

A building guide and how to setup an environment can you find under
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide_AOO

It takes probably a little bit longer to setup the env the first time
but it can be interested for your for the future.

Juergen

> With Warm Regards
>
> V.Kadal Amutham
> 919444360480
> 914422396480
>

> On 2 July 2013 12:27, Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 7/2/13 8:40 AM, Kadal Amutham wrote:
>>> I located string அனைத்தும் , It was in three location and all of the
>> words
>>> followed by (~A). I removed the accelerator. Then how to integrate this
>>> change and create new .exe file?
>>
>> a little more work to do ;-) I prepare a new sdf file for you. This file
>> can you copy in .../extras/l10n/source/ta/localize.sdf and can build the
>> office with locale "ta"
>>
>> You find the new_ta.sdf under
>> http://people.apache.org/~jsc/translation/new_ta.sdf
>>
>> Juergen