Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by drmike01 <ms...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/09 18:13:48 UTC

Re: Shiro seems to prevent myfaces from using JNDI

You probably should try configuring that Filter inside of Shiro.ini instead
of in the web.xml. I don't remember the specifics (if I ever knew them), but
Shiro's Filter pretty much takes over the whole filter chain and other
Filters won't run at all, if I remember correctly. I know that I was
struggling with using other Filters in my app with Shiro, and it was because
they essentially never get launched with Shiro in there.

Note that, even if you run them "inside" of Shiro, certain methods won't
work, like onFilterConfigSet.  init works as expected, though. This may be a
problem with the third party Filters you're using (I know nothing about
them, just speculating).

Re: Shiro seems to prevent myfaces from using JNDI

Posted by drmike01 <ms...@gmail.com>.
By using the filters inside Shiro, I mean configuring them inside the
shiro.ini using the pattern matching rules so that Shiro uses the right
filter chain for the request.  For instance, here's an example from my web
app:

/register/* = anon
/register = anon
/scripts/* = anon
/styles/* = anon
/logout = anon
/* = rateFilter, loginFilter, setUserFilter, auditFilter

Note that I'm not using Spring, nor do I know anything about it being used
in Shiro, so the configuration may not look like the above.

Also, you should join the mailing list, that way others will see your
messages. Otherwise they just go to the web page.