Posted to wsif-dev@ws.apache.org by Honorez Dylan <Dy...@cronos.be> on 2004/11/05 10:49:17 UTC

Invocation performance

Hi,

I'd like to send in a patch which increases WSIF performance slightly.
What I built was a system that integrates jUDDI, a cache and WSIF.
Instead of always fetching a wsdl url with a businesskey, I fetch it
only once. Then my cache fetches the entire wsdl and stores it.

Instead of invoking wsif service with the url, I changed the api so I
can pass the wsdl as a string to wsif.

Aleksander, you suggested I'd submit a patch, but I'm no longer working
with original wsif and/or wsif from source. I can just add an attachment
in a later email with the implemented methods.

Kind regards,

Dylan Honorez,

dylan.honorez@cronos.be

http://www.xt-i.com

Re: Invocation performance

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Honorez Dylan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’d like to send in a patch which increases WSIF performance slightly.
> What I built was a system that integrates jUDDI, a cache and WSIF.
> Instead of always fetching a wsdl url with a businesskey, I fetch it
> only once. Then my cache fetches the entire wsdl and stores it.

hi,

what additional external libraries are required?

> Instead of invoking wsif service with the url, I changed the api so I
> can pass the wsdl as a string to wsif.

how cached WSDL is stored?

> Aleksander, you suggested I’d submit a patch, but I’m no longer
> working with original wsif and/or wsif from source. I can just add an
> attachment in a later email with the implemented methods.

simply checkout current version of WSIF using AnonCVS:

http://ws.apache.org/wsif/developers/cvs.html

make your modifications and generate patch

cvs diff -u > site.patch

for more details on sending in patches:
http://www.apache.de/dev/contributors.html#patches

and then either send patch to wsif-dev or open issue in JIRA and attach
patch (this is better as it has no problems with email attachments):
http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10462

thanks,

alek

Re: Invocation performance