Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by rolin <ro...@wellington.com> on 2012/11/22 20:47:26 UTC

Can Failover transport retry current connection first?

Hi,

I am running activemq 5.4.2 with JDK1.6.025 in Linux.   There are two
brokers configured via network of brokers.  Java client connects to brokers
using the following failover url:
failover:(tcp://broker1:61616,tcp://broker2:61616)?randomize=false&initialReconnectDelay=15000&maxReconnectAttempts=10

Java client sometimes falsely detects connection lost to broker1 and
successfully reconnects to broker2.  Is there a way to configure failover
transport to retry broker1 first before trying broker2?

I understand that "Priority Backup" is introduced as part of 5.6.0 and that
might serve the purpose.  But I am using 5.4.2 and do not plan to upgrade in
near future.

The cause of false detection of connection lost is under investigation.  It
could be caused by long GC (>30 seconds).  But it is a separate issue.

Re: Can Failover transport retry current connection first?

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi Rolin,

Just an idea, but what about listing the first broker twice in the failover
list?

failover:(tcp://broker1:61616,*tcp://broker1:61616*,tcp://broker2:61616)?...