Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Punith S <pu...@cloudbyte.com> on 2014/04/15 08:29:21 UTC

unable to create a instance in 4.3 using new devcloud and solution

hi,

i'm using new devcloud for 4.3, and configured the basic zone using
devcloud python scripts.
when we launch a the downloaded tiny linux template, it throws the
following exception :

Router requires upgrade. Unable to send command to router
Unable to send command. Upgrade in progress. Please contact administrator.
and finally insufficient server capacity exception.

and then found that the virtual router needed an upgrade from current 4.2
to 4.3 version,
so initiated the upgrade for virtual router, *the UI shows the upgrade was
completed successfully but the version still remains the same(4.2)*, hence
it fails again to create a instance again. and i also checked the
/opt/storage/secondary template in devcloud, it remains the new vdh file.

my workaround solution :
 just make *false* for router.check.version in global settings and restart
the MS.

any workaround for the upgrade for router from 4.2 to 4.3 in devcloud , is
there any new template we need to seed in secondary storage ??

--
regards,

punith s
cloudbyte.com

Re: unable to create a instance in 4.3 using new devcloud and solution

Posted by Punith S <pu...@cloudbyte.com>.
thanks for the link rajesh.