Posted to user@struts.apache.org by jb...@ironmax.com on 2001/02/07 20:26:39 UTC

Re: Ted's FAQ "What Web sites are already Powered by Struts?"

We use struts in portions of the Ironmax website (http://www.ironmax.com)
Namely the irst step in the RFQ process, and we use struts in all of our
informational products.

James Birchfield
Senior Engineer
Ironmax
a better way to buy, sell and rent construction equipment
5 Corporate Center
9960 Corporate Campus Drive,
Suite 2000
Louisville, KY 40223

                    "Dan Connelly"
                    <dsconnelly@ade        To:     <st...@jakarta.apache.org>
                    lphia.net>             cc:
                                           Subject:     Ted's FAQ "What Web sites are already Powered by Struts?"
                    02/07/01 02:16
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    to struts-user

     Brewtrade - http://java-genius.com/
     TeaTimeJ - http://www.webappcabaret.com/teatimej/
What!  Only two public sites powered by Struts?  And, java-genius.com
always gives me a DNS error anyway.  So there's really only one site in
this list that I would dare suggest to people who ask me about Struts in
the real world.

There must be more public sites than this.   There's
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts  at least (although it doesn't do anything
showy).

Please help me explain to MVC-clueless colleagues and bosses why I am
spending so much time getting into Jakarta Struts (as opposed to the
superficially similar, released, commercial, freely downloadable JSP
taglibs, like Allaire's JRun Tag Library or WDIG's TeaServlets).     Please
post up some additions to Ted's list.

Also, how about adding more "Struts competitors" to my list of two?  (And,
while you're at it, do the competitive analysis.)

Dan Connelly  (who is not Dan Connolly, W3C)

Re: Ted's FAQ "What Web sites are already Powered by Struts?"

Posted by Ted Husted <ne...@husted.com>.
On 2/7/2001 at 2:26 PM jbirchfield@ironmax.com wrote:

>We use struts in portions of the Ironmax website
(http://www.ironmax.com)
>Namely the irst step in the RFQ process, and we use struts in all of
our
>informational products.

Are the links to ".ojsp" files going through the controller (e.g. ".do"
files)?

-- Tel 716 425-0252; Fax 716 223-2506.
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/