Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Casey <ca...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/06 23:28:10 UTC

Re: Assembly madness...

Sorry, I guess this conversation got lost in the flood of emails on this
account.

To access the newest assembly plugin snapshot, use the following in your
POM:

<pluginRepositories>
  <pluginRepository>
    <id>apache.snapshots</id>
    <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repo</url>
  </pluginRepository>
</pluginRepositories>

Then, when you run the build, use the -U option to force an update of plugin
versions.

One word of caution, though: you might want to backup your local repository,
just in case this results in other (harmful) versions of other plugins being
resolved from that snapshot repository. I don't think there are any real
problem children out there, but it's always nice to be cautious. :-)

-j