Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it> on 2008/06/18 04:42:05 UTC

charset handling in rivet configuration

I've beein working a bit to enable Rivet
to infer the default charset using the
'AddType' lines in the conf files.
'AddType' first argument is a mime-type
specification, which can include a charset
definition.

For Rivet this could be

AddType 'application/x-httpd-rivet; charset=utf-8' rvt

Rivet doesn't handle a line like this at all. As
a matter of fact this line would completely bust
rivet templates parsing and execution.

I think that some functions in mod_rivet have to be
slighly changed in order to handle a new generalized
type definition, and since the argument to AddType is
passed to the mod_rivet on every request (rivet has
to tell Apache if it's going to handle it) I think
this info can be stored in the request record
that extends apache's request_rec. I think i could
send the patches on the list in the next few days.

Any suggestion or objection?

-- Massimo