Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Aloke Agarwal <ag...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/09 22:39:32 UTC

Storing XML with Full XPath Capability Requirement

Hi,

We are in the process of evaluation jackrabbit for one of our projects. We will be storing all XML data and we would need full xpath capability for the xml stored.

Based on the above requirement the only way we could figure out to do this is using DocumentView of the xml. So for a particular xml document each element translates to a node and attributes in the element translate to properties. Once we do this we could do full xpath.

However the concern I have with the above implementation is that with each save we would create potentially n-nodes, which could make it slow. Also during export we have to combine all these elements to form the xml document back which might be slow. Also the storage requirements of the repository will grow since now 1 document can translate to n nodes.

Has anybody found another way of what we are trying to do?. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Aloke

http://new.mail.yahoo.com