Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by pablomr <pa...@hotmail.com> on 2019/12/05 21:04:17 UTC

Not consuming message on ActiveMQ Broker cluster

Hi there, I'm currently trying to use the router to consume messages from a
broker cluster without success.

I run 2 ActiveMQ Brokers running in cluster behind an AWS ELB. This is the
router configuration:

router {
    worker-threads: 4
    mode: standalone
    id: aws.router.A
}

listener {
    host: 0.0.0.0
    port: amqp
    role: normal
    authenticatePeer: no
    sslProfile: router-1-ssl
}

address {
    prefix: ActionNotifications
    waypoint: yes
}

address {
    prefix: Notifications
    waypoint: yes
}

autoLink {
    address: ActionNotifications
    connection: router-connector
    direction: in
}

autoLink {
    address: Notifications
    connection: router-connector
    direction: in
}

connector {
    name: router-connector
    host: aws-domain-broker.com
    port: 5672
    sslProfile: router-2-ssl
    role: route-container
}

sslProfile {
    name: router-2-ssl
    ciphers: ALL:!aNULL:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP
    caCertFile: ca_2.crt
    certFile: router_2.crt
    privateKeyFile: router_2.key
}

sslProfile {
    name: router-1-ssl
    ciphers: ALL:!aNULL:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP
    caCertFile: ca_1.crt
    certFile: router_1.crt
    privateKeyFile: router_1.key
}

Key to note here is that I'm not configuring 1 connector per broker, rather
only one pointing to the DNS.

Running this configuration, consumers connecting to the router only consume
messages from 1 broker, even when they are in cluster mode.

If I on the other hand, bypass the router and connect the consumers directly
to the AWS DNS endpoint the messages are consumed from both queues (this is
using the Qpid JMS client btw).

The idea behind these configuration (using autolinks) is to be able to run
another cluster in another region and group all messages for the consumer,
so the router connects to multiple broker clusters.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Not consuming message on ActiveMQ Broker cluster

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 05/12/2019 9:04 pm, pablomr wrote:
> Hi there, I'm currently trying to use the router to consume messages from a
> broker cluster without success.
>
> I run 2 ActiveMQ Brokers running in cluster behind an AWS ELB. This is the
> router configuration:
>
> router {
>      worker-threads: 4
>      mode: standalone
>      id: aws.router.A
> }
>
> listener {
>      host: 0.0.0.0
>      port: amqp
>      role: normal
>      authenticatePeer: no
>      sslProfile: router-1-ssl
> }
>
> address {
>      prefix: ActionNotifications
>      waypoint: yes
> }
>
> address {
>      prefix: Notifications
>      waypoint: yes
> }
>
> autoLink {
>      address: ActionNotifications
>      connection: router-connector
>      direction: in
> }
>
> autoLink {
>      address: Notifications
>      connection: router-connector
>      direction: in
> }
>
> connector {
>      name: router-connector
>      host: aws-domain-broker.com
>      port: 5672
>      sslProfile: router-2-ssl
>      role: route-container
> }
>
> sslProfile {
>      name: router-2-ssl
>      ciphers: ALL:!aNULL:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP
>      caCertFile: ca_2.crt
>      certFile: router_2.crt
>      privateKeyFile: router_2.key
> }
>
> sslProfile {
>      name: router-1-ssl
>      ciphers: ALL:!aNULL:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP
>      caCertFile: ca_1.crt
>      certFile: router_1.crt
>      privateKeyFile: router_1.key
> }
>
> Key to note here is that I'm not configuring 1 connector per broker, rather
> only one pointing to the DNS.
>
> Running this configuration, consumers connecting to the router only consume
> messages from 1 broker, even when they are in cluster mode.

I suspect that is because the router is only connected to one of the
brokers. Essentially the broker will see the router as one client. The
messages the broker delivers to that client will then be delivered to
the router clients.

Try adding another (or more) connectors and autolinks.