Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Darren Kukulka <Da...@connaught.plc.uk> on 2007/04/04 18:13:15 UTC

How to redirect to stub page when app unavailable?

Hi Tomcat Users,

I'm trying to formulate a clever method of providing a stub page, 'under
maintenance' if you will, for when we are building a new version of a
Tomcat served application : i.e. when Tomcat is offline - we need to
keep it offline during the build as there are back-end DB updates that
require no activity via the application.

We are using Apache web server with mod_jk connectivity to the app
servers via a large number of workers.

Can anybody suggest a smart way of achieving this?

Cheers in advance,

Darren K

Connaught wins RoSPA Gold Award for fourth year running

Considerate Contractor Gold Award in 2006

Partnering Contractor of the Year Award in 2005

Please visit our website to see a full list of Connaught?s Registered Companies www.connaught.plc.uk/Investors/Registered-Companies

Disclaimer:

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this message.

Connaught plc, Head Office 01392 444546

Re: How to redirect to stub page when app unavailable?

Posted by Hassan Schroeder <ha...@gmail.com>.
On 4/4/07, Darren Kukulka <Da...@connaught.plc.uk> wrote:

> I'm trying to formulate a clever method of providing a stub page, 'under
> maintenance' if you will, for when we are building a new version of a
> Tomcat served application : i.e. when Tomcat is offline -

I haven't used mod_jk for a long time, but I'm pretty sure you'll get a
503 status generated if it can't reach Tomcat.

Just customize the Apache 503 error page to taste...

HTH,