Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Daniel Meier <kr...@krims.ch> on 2002/07/18 18:03:57 UTC

installation debian 3.0, jdk 1.4.0_01, tomact 4.03, cocoon binary 2.03 for jdk1.4.0

hi there

i'm having som etroubles to get this running.

tomcat 4.0.3 is running perfect with jdk 1.3 and jdk 1.4.
but tomcat doesn't even extract the cocoon.war.

i'm running without xwin, but I have no intention to use batik.
so there are no xlibraries installed.

kind regards

daniel

Re: installation debian 3.0, jdk 1.4.0_01, tomact 4.03, cocoon binary 2.03 for jdk1.4.0

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.
Hi,

I had a similar problem and solved it with the help of this list.  Link
to the message archive:

http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-users%40xml.apache.org/msg14778.html

Short and sweet: Headless AWT means you don't need an X server running.
 You still need to install your X libraries.  Also, you will need to
build from source and add -Djava.awt.headless=true in your $CATALINA_OPTS.

Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks