Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Guillaume Rousse <ro...@ccr.jussieu.fr> on 2002/05/06 17:00:51 UTC

Re: [JPackage-devel] ant 1.5b1 RPM advice

Ainsi parlait Lundi 6 Mai 2002 16:36, GOMEZ Henri :
> Hi to all (JPP/JK)
>
> I've got a little problem with ant 1.5b1 source,
> since I want to have optional added to the
> rpm but lack the needed commercials jars.
>
> Alternative are :
>
> - start the build, and replace the generated
>   optional by one grabbed from the one in binary
>   tarball.
>
>   In such case, I'll have to include both source and binary in
>   rpm, and to reduce rpm size, I'd rather like to have optional.jar
>   available (and signed) in download dir
>
> - Use InterfaceFaker from Jon (and ask Jon how it works ;)
>

> Thanks for your advices...
As you won't provide those commercial jars packaged, what's the use of
building related tasks ? A packaged application should not rely on external
world to work, but on the environment established by its dependencies only.
--
Guillaume Rousse <ro...@ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html

Re: [JPackage-devel] ant 1.5b1 RPM advice

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.

Guillaume Rousse wrote:

> As you won't provide those commercial jars packaged, what's the use of
> building related tasks ? A packaged application should not rely on external
> world to work, but on the environment established by its dependencies only.

Well, Weblogic is available for Linux. If I install Ant from an RPM, the
weblogic related tasks should be available so long as I have the
necessary third part libraries.

There is a difference between the dependencies required for an install
and the dependencies which can be utilised, if available at runtime.
Things in the optional jar are generally runtime options, not
install-time options.

Conor