Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Manuel Le Normand <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/24 00:31:00 UTC

Query specific replica

Hello,
Since i replicated my shards (i have 2 cores per shard now), I get a
remarkable decrease in qTime. I assume it happens since my memory has to
split between twice more cores than it used to.

In my low qps rate use-case, I use replications as shard backup only (in
case one of my servers goes down) and not for the ability of serving
parallel requests. In this case i decrease because the two cores of the
shard are active.

I was wondering wether it is possible to query the same core every request,
instead of "load balancing" between the different replicas? And only if the
"leader" replica goes down the second replica would start serving requests.

Cheers,
Manu

Re: Query specific replica

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
bq: I was wondering wether it is possible to query the same core every request,

Not that I know of. You can ping a single node by appending
&distrib=false, but that
won't then look at multiple shards. If you don't have any shards, this
would work I think...

Best
Erick