Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by gn...@ozemail.com.au on 2001/09/14 20:22:26 UTC

How to build apache/mod_perl/mod_ssl

Hi,

I have the sources of:

apache 1.3.20
openssl-0.9.6b
openssl-engine-0.9.6b
mod_ssl-2.8.4-1.3.20
mod_perl-1.26

How do I build them? I have tried ./configure --help in all but it seems
they are all inter-reliant on each other and it seems impossible to build
apache and enable mod_perl and mod_ssl, or I have no idea how to do it.

I'm using Red Hat Linux 7.1 on an Intel x86 (Celeron).

Thanks heaps.
James

Re: How to build apache/mod_perl/mod_ssl

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
If you're on RedHat 7.1, the easiest way is to go to

ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/i386/RedHat/RPMS/

and just download and install the packages.  They don't have a
current version of mod_perl though.

You may have the also update your glibc to 2.2.4.

Blair