Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by cn...@interactive.as on 2002/02/20 09:46:05 UTC

Please help SaxParseException

Hello.

I get the following error when I try to call invoke.

parsing error: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML character
(Unicode: 0x0) was found in the element content of the
document.SOAP-ENV:Client [faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client]

I have attached the Xml used in the params.addElement

URL url = new URL(ConnectUrl); //Address of SOAP router
// Build the call
Call call = new Call();
call.setSOAPMappingRegistry(new SOAPMappingRegistry());
call.setEncodingStyleURI(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC);
//set the name of the SoapServer
call.setTargetObjectURI(TargetUri);
call.setMethodName(MethodName);
Vector params = new Vector();
params.addElement(new Parameter("parameter",String.class, Xml,null));
call.setParams(params);

// Invoke the call to the SOAP server
Response resp = call.invoke(url,"");

// Print the returned string
Fault fault = resp.getFault();
if (fault == null) {
  Parameter ret = resp.getReturnValue();
  String returnstring = (String)ret.getValue();
  if (returnstring != null && !returnstring.equals("")) {
          DOMParser parser = new DOMParser();
          parser.parse(new InputSource(new StringReader(returnstring)));
          Document doc = parser.getDocument();
          Node node = doc.getDocumentElement().getElementsByTagName
("svarnummer").item(0);
          if (node.getNodeValue() == "0")
            return "SUCCESS";
          else
            return "FAILURE";
        }
        else
          return (String)ret.getValue();

      }
      else {
        System.out.println("The request generated a Fault object: " +
        fault.getFaultString() + fault.getFaultCode());
      }

I am using Xerces 1.4.4, which is the jar file in my classpath

Claus Nielsen

(See attached file: xmlex.xml)